[oil-users] Interceptors Request ID

Renato Maia maia at inf.puc-rio.br
Tue Aug 25 14:31:36 GMT+3 2009

On 25 Aug 2009, at 14:10, Bruno Bastos wrote:
> I'm having a problem due to the request id between a receivequest
> and a sendrequest interception.

Don't you mean 'sendrequest' and 'receivereply' ? Or you really want
to share information between 'sendrequest' (client-side) and
'receiverequest' (server-side) ?

> I was using JacORB and when I wanted to pass an information between
> these two operations (in that order), I could use a slot. When using
> a slot I can be sure the information won't be affected by another
> Thread.
> Since there isn't a slot in OiL I wanted to save the information in
> a table, using the request_id as key, since I can be sure the
> information will be at the same "side" on both interceptions. The
> problem is that I don't have access to the request_id inside
> sendrequest interceptions, and I didn't find a way to save this
> information.

You're right. Currently, OiL does not provide the 'request_id' in
'sendrequest', but I'm planning to correct that in the next version.

However, if you want to share information between a 'sendrequest' and
a 'receivereply', you can use the 'request' table passed as an
argument to these operations. They are the same table for each pair of
'sendrequest' and 'receivereply' of a single invocation. You can
either add fields to this table in 'sendrequest' and read them in
'receivereply', or you can use this table as a unique key identifying
the invocation (just like you were planning to use the 'request_id' if
I understood you correctly). Does that work for you?

--
Renato Maia
Computer Scientist

--