[LuaVIEW-users] LabVIEW 2009, flat data unit test

Albert-Jan Brouwer ajbrouwer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:26:27 GMT+3 2009

I just got my hands on LabVIEW 2009 and ran the unit tests to see if
all was fine. One unit test failed: "LuaVIEW Flat Data.vi". It crashes
when unflattening two kinds of LabVIEW 7 type descriptors hard-coded
in the "luaview/unit tests/scripts/flat data test.lua" test script. All other
types still work. The crash occurs in a LabVIEW unflatten node.

This concerns the "Motion resource" and "Traditional DAQ channel"
types. To avoid the issue, do not run the "LuaVIEW Flat Data.vi"
unit test, or comment out the respective subtests in the test script.

I haven't figured out yet whether it is a bug introduced by NI, whether
the type descriptor was changed, or whether support for these types
was dropped.

In any case, it matters little as the only time when this might become
a problem is when you would wish to pass one of these types as
flattened data: not likely.

---
Albert-Jan