[Luarocks-developers] Garden concept?

Asko Kauppi askok at dnainternet.net
Tue May 1 16:24:30 BRT 2007

How about a way more basic (and less unix-y) approach:

Have everything of a module's tgz untarred to - say:

	~/.luarocks/active/xxx/

The sources would remain there, the .lua would be there, the docs
would be there.  The .so would get compiled into there.

Give this some time - don't reply instantly. :)  The good side would
be, it's very easy to tell what's where and the module has it's own
limited garden with whatever it brought along with it.  Splitting
things to share, lib, doc (what else?) will need way more bookkeeping.

Removal of a module would become simply removing the active/xxx
directory. That's it!   Modules would _never_ install anything
outside of that garden.

-asko