[Kepler-Project] Rogue global variables in Xavante

Alexander Gladysh agladysh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 08:20:18 GMT+3 2007

Hi, list!

We're using global protection metatable on our environment (a little
stricter than default /etc/strict.lua). And we're trying to plug
Xavante 2.0 beta in. We've found a couple of rogue global variable
accesses:

1. File httpd.lua, line 125 (variable "prevval")

2. Access to xavante.cookies triggers our protection too. I think,
that due to package.seeall, xavante.cookies must be set to some value
by-hand to be compatible with strict mode. For example, add following
line to xavante.lua

    xavante.cookies = false

HTH,
Alexander.