[Iup-users] IUP compile error: conflicting types for 'XmComboBoxCallbackStruct'

Otfried Cheong otfried.iup at ipe.airpost.net
Thu Oct 4 03:29:45 GMT+3 2007

mpb wrote:
> I am trying to compile IUP 2.6rc2 on Kubuntu 7.04.
>
> I get the following error (and some warnings).  It looks like IUP is
> redefining/redeclaring symbols that were previously defined/declared
> by Motif.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

You need to remove "mot/ComboBox1.c" from the list of sources in the
Makefile. (Apparently this file is a backport of the combo box from
Motif 2 to Motif 1, but since Ubuntu has Motif 2 it should not be
compiled in.)

Otfried

ps. I wonder when the GTK driver will be available.  The Motif driver is
sooo ugly :-(   I actually only need the core IUP controls (what's in
the "src" subdirectory, none of the extra controls or libraries).